Nokia C2-00 Dual Sim Phone - My Highs & Lows


In a matter of 2 days, I've felt high and low about a cellphone model I strongly liked and wanted, the Nokia C2-00 dual sim phone.

When yugatech wondered yesterday, if the Nokia C2-00 phone will ever be released in the Philippines, I've sense that my chances of having one has become more grim.

But the Nokia Blog, buoyed my spirits today. One of those Nokia phone models could still find its way to my hands.


Nokia C2-00 Dual Sim Phones
Image from Nokia Blog

I first learned about the Nokia C2-00 dual sim phone model from yugatech around June last year. About that time, my dual sim phone Cherry Mobile C55, was starting to show some wear and tear, just 3 months since I bought it. And with the service center so out of my usual route, I forego availing the service warranty. I thought why bother, I'm going to buy a new dual sim phone, anyway - assuming that the Nokia C2-00 will be released in September 2010. I can even wait till December.

Yesterday, yugatech wondered why the Nokia unit is taking so long to be released here, too. And with that, I have started to accept that Nokia wouldn't release the cellphone unit here. Perhaps Nokia saw that the market for dual sim phones are already saturated by MyPhone, Cherry Mobile, Torque, Firefly and a lot of other makers from China.

But a post from the Nokia blog made my day today and gave me some hope of owning a Nokia C2-00.
The Nokia X1-01 and Nokia C2-00 will ship this quarter in India, China, South-East Asia/Pacific region, Middle East and Africa, Eurasia and Brazil. Before local taxes or subsidies, the X1-01 will cost €34 while the C2-00 will cost €45.

- from the Nokia Blog

I am greatly hoping that the Philippines will be included in the shipment for South-East Asia/Pacific region. I hope that I could get my hands on this silver Nokia C2-00 soon.


I have my eyes set on this Silver Nokia C2-00
Image from Nokia Blog

More about Nokia C2-00
The Nokia C2-00 offers a number of additional features. The main one is the way the SIM cards are arranged, offering Easy Swap, a feature that’s only on offer from Nokia. One SIM card is stored internally, like a traditional phone. The second card is easily accessible through a slot in the side – so you don’t have to open or even switch the phone off to change SIMs.

... the Nokia C2-00 runs Series 40, which offers some key advantages in the form of internet access, a web browser and Nokia Messaging for email. The Nokia C2-00 also sports a VGA camera and allows for MMS messaging. There’s support for up to 32GB of storage using an SD card, allowing users to carry thousands of photos, videos and music files.

- from the Nokia Blog
I've got to start saving around 5,000 php for this Nokia cellphone. But even without cash, I still have my BPI credit card to get me one of those Nokia C2-00 dual sim phones.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Here if You're Looking for Something Else

Custom Search

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP