No SMS Way to Check UNLISURF Status


I wish that SMART Bro would come up with a way to check the status of your UNLISURF subscription via SMS or Text Message.

Early this morning, I found out that all text messages in the inbox of my prepaid SMART Bro plugit is gone. And along with those message, is my registration notification for UNLISURF. I wanted to know the specific time my UNLISURF subscription will expire that I spent some time finding a way to check my UNLISURF status via SMS/Text Message.

I failed to find it. Luckily, my UNLISURF subscription lasted enough to be able to check it online.

I remembered that today that my unlisurf will expire today but I wanted to know the specific time.

So, I searched the internet on how to check your UNLISURF status via SMS. But so far, found none. I even resorted to guessing. Like sending "STATUS" or "UNLISURF STATUS" and tried sending it 2200. But it proved to be unsuccessful and I was charged a peso for each of that transaction attempt.

Also, I tried registering to UNLISURF again, hoping that the SMART Bro system would respond that my number is still registered until a certain specific time. Yes, SMART Bro system replied that but did not specified until when. Another transaction charged.

Well, there was no choice for me but to go http://smart.com.ph/connect/ . Luckily, my account can still access the internet via UNLISURF, enough for me to be able to register my smart bro, verify via SMS, verify the e-mail I used to register.

Finally, I found out that I only have 30 minutes left out of my UNLISURF subscription. Hopefully, enough to post this entry.

In this advance technology era, it seems so easy for SMART Bro to program keywords and hotline numbers to give its prepaid broadband subscribers a way to check their prepaid subscription via SMS/ Text messages.

Or maybe I just missed it. I'm far from the know-it-all tech guy. Feel free to point out to me how.

But if I'm correct, I hope that someone from SMART Bro get to read this and do so.



* Texting BRO BAL to 2200 only provided the prepaid load balance of your SMART Bro account and not expiration of your UNLISURF subscription.

2 Comments:

Mary said...

I think you just missed it. When you check the balance of your SMmartBro, it will send another message containing the when your promo subscription will end along with the exact time.

I hope that helps.

http://pixiechronicle.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

If I'm not mistaken, you could actually send "brobal" to 2200.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Here if You're Looking for Something Else

Custom Search

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP