Of Mother's Day and Cellphones


It is the month of May already. This means, Mother's Day is upon us.

Nowadays, we enjoy unlimited text messaging (SMS) and even unlimited calls through our prepaid cellphones. I can't really think of any reason not to be able to greet one's mother in their special day.

Cherish having your mother now. You are more fortunate than the likes of me who have no mother to greet this mother's day.

Pardon me for a little emotional moment. My real mother passed away when I was only 2 years of old. For that I can not complain to God because He provided many motherly figure in my life. None better than my Nanay Emy, who took care of me like she bore me for nine months. Nanay Emy left this world 2 years ago.

When it comes to expressing, the only time I was able to announce to the world my love for her was when my mother's day message for her was published in a major newspaper. On the morning of that day, I called her and asked her to buy a copy. She did and she treasured the page.

As for you, who still have your respective mothers. Hug her and tell her how you love her. If that may be possible due to distance, use your prepaid cellphones. When you use your prepaid credits for the person you love, every centavos is more than its worth.

There are others who are creative enough to plan and prepare something memorable for their mothers. Still, others shower their moms with gifts.




But I am sure, as long as you remember to greet her and express how important she is to your life, whether in person, via webcam, via phone call or even a simple text message, your mothers will surely thank God for having helped her rear you to be the sweetest child.

Also, check out Google's Mother's Day message here.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Here if You're Looking for Something Else

Custom Search

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP