I will Upgrade my current Prepaid SIM to Globe's LTE SIM


Yugatech reported over the weekend that Globe Prepaid LTE SIMs are now available in all Globe Stores nationwide.


Screengrab from Globe's Facebook Status


But what interested me is that Globe offers free upgrade of my non-LTE prepaid SIM into the new LTE SIM.

Like any of my fellow Globe non-LTE prepaid subscribers, I dream of accessing the internet thru my mobile phone in blazing speeds. After all, that is the promise of Long Term Evolution (LTE).

While mobile internet speed I experienced, offered by telecom companies in the Philippines in general, remains inconsistent and poor, I guess there's nothing wrong in making our handsets LTE ready.

Thankfully, we can retain our current mobile numbers and get a free upgrade.

Initially, I sent a direct message to Globe in Facebook to inquire about the upgrade.



While waiting for Globe's response, I decided to research more and found the Globe's FAQ page on Prepaid LTE SIM.

Here it is:



Furthermore, I also learned from there that the LTE SIM will work in all cellphones or handsets type. However, fast browsing in LTE speeds may only be enjoyed if you are using a LTE-capable device and if you are within an area with LTE coverage.

As per Globe's website, here are their areas with LTE Coverage.

You may want to check if your device is LTE capable. You may check here and here.

I will be lining up at a Globe Store soon.

2 Comments:

doms said...

Hahaha!!!

Globe has updated it's FAQ page.

Upgrade of non-LTE globe sim will start by December 2014.

doms said...

Check out again Globe's FAQ Page on LTE SIM.

Scroll down to the query;

"I have an existing non-LTE Prepaid SIM. Can I upgrade it to LTE? Will my number be retained? "

Here's the screenshot courtesy of my friend's FB account.


:)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=301298003412735&set=a.301298140079388.1073741827.100005976130347&type=1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Here if You're Looking for Something Else

Custom Search

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP