An SMS Chance to Have Your Mother's Day Message For Your Mom Get Published


The coming Sunday is Mother's Day. I'm sure each of us already have plans on how to greet our respective moms or how to make the day extra special for her.

I think it would be awesome if my Nanay* would read my message on a newspaper of wide circulation.

Here's a great chance on how to shout to the rest of country our gratitude and love to our mothers. And I already took my chance.

Manila Bulletin offers the chance for our mother's day message to be published on that day with - MOM NOTES.


In 50 words or less, compose a thank you message for your mom and submit it to them. Submissions can either be handcarried, be mailed via postal, be e-mailed or be texted.

The text format is as follows:

MB[space]SAY[space]MOMNOTES[space]COMPLETE NAME OF YOUR MOTHER[space]MOTHER'S DAY MESSAGE FOR YOUR MOM[space]YOUR COMPLETE NAME

Then, send to 2256 for Globe subscribers or 6800 for Smart subscribers. Deadline for submissions of MomNotes is on May 5, 2011, 5 pm only.

I already texted mine. A little hard to squeeze in the message as one text in my cellphone is only 160 characters. Nevertheless, I was able to compose and send.

I got this as a reply:
MB SAY:Your msg was forwarded to our service officer for proper handling. If needed, you will get a reply soon. Check your daily MB issue for instructions or text MB TEXT for other services. Snd to 2256. Php 2.50/msg. For questions, call (02)5247884 M-F, 9am-5pm. Thank you!

I will also submit what I texted via e-mail just for good measure. For e-mail submissions, this is the format;

COMPLETE NAME OF YOUR MOTHER, YOUR MOTHER'S DAY MESSAGE FOR YOUR MOM, YOUR COMPLETE NAME.

And send to momnotes(at)mb.com.ph

Yes, it might be a long shot. But if I got lucky, I could make the day more special for my Nanay as compared to just simply calling her. She's staying in Cavite now with her eldest child and enjoying the company of two lovely grand daughters.

Care to share how you plan to make your Mother's Day greeting special?



* Nanay is a Filipino word for mother.

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Here if You're Looking for Something Else

Custom Search

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP